Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: New Legal Netflix Donload  (Read 5084 times)

Geek-9pm

Topic Starter

Mastermind
  • Geek After Dark
    • Gekk9pm bnlog
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Expert
New Legal Netflix Donload
« on: November 30, 2016, 06:32:18 PM »
Finally! Netflix users can now download some shows and movies to watch offline.
CNBC: Select shows can be downloaded for off-line viewing.
The features is available for phones and tablets on Android 4.4.2 or higher and iOS 8 and above, by updating the Netflix app, the company said in a statement. Popular shows like "Narcos," "Stranger Things," "Breaking Bad," and "Blacklist" are available for download, as are films such as "Spotlight," "Limitless, ..

DaveLembke

Sage
Re: New Legal Netflix Donload
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2016, 10:26:09 PM »
Too bad portable device only for offline viewing.

Not available for my laptop for example which I travel with and play offline games and downloaded podcasts etc.  :(

strollin

Adviser
    • Yes
  • Experience: Guru
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2016, 08:08:41 AM »
I've been using https://www.playon.tv/playlater for several years to download movies from Netflix, Amazon and other websites.  Not perfect but gets the job done.  It saves the movie as a DRM free MP4 that I can copy to my phone, laptop, server or wherever.  It puts a notice into the video that says it was recorded by me (with my name) in order to identify it as something for my sole use and keep me from trying to sell the copy or upload it to Pirate Bay or somewhere like that.  One-time $40 purchase price, no ongoing subscription cost (other than for Netflix, Hulu or other streaming service).

Geek-9pm

Topic Starter

Mastermind
  • Geek After Dark
    • Gekk9pm bnlog
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2016, 08:22:21 AM »
From the link in my first post above-
The features is available for phones and tablets on Android 4.4.2 or higher and iOS 8 and above, by updating the Netflix app, the company said in a statement. Popular shows like "Narcos," "Stranger Things," "Breaking Bad," and "Blacklist" are available for download, as are films such as "Spotlight," "Limitless," and "Burn After Reading."
Would it work by running Android 4.2 on an emulator with Windows?
 Just asking.  ;D

DaveLembke

Sage
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2016, 08:38:10 AM »
Would it work by running Android 4.2 on an emulator with Windows?
 Just asking.

Might work with Andyroid emulator. Ive used andyroid to play games that only are made for android to play on desktop and the games play flawless. But there is a difference between a card game such as Pyramid Solitaire and a movie playing with refresh rates etc. I havent seen any pixel lag in the card game, but it might be noticeable in a media player with audio/video sync etc as well with mouths moving out of sync of sound etc if the video playback lags etc.

http://www.andyroid.net/

strollin

Adviser
    • Yes
  • Experience: Guru
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2016, 12:17:46 PM »
I downloaded and installed Andy from androyd.net (it's actually a VM that runs in VMWare player).  I then installed Netflix from the Play store but when I try to play a video, it just gives me a spinning circle and never starts playing the video.