Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: whats the computer for me  (Read 9607 times)

habfan93

Topic Starter

Greenhorn
    • Experience: Beginner
    whats the computer for me
    « on: January 18, 2017, 11:22:36 PM »
    I want to buy a computer that's is every thing I need in a computer I watch a lot of movies and I like to play on line role playing games hang war and flying games I put a 1200 limit  thank you

DaveLembke

Sage
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: whats the computer for me
    « Reply #1 on: January 19, 2017, 06:10:23 AM »
    Lots of questions to start and likely more after you reply to this to refine what you need for a system:

List of game titles would help?

Also are you looking to spend all $1200 of that to get the best system you can or wanting to only spend as much as needed to play the games?

Is this $1200 USD or some other currency?

What OS are you going with and version..... example: Windows 7 64-bit, 8, or 10 or other?

If only spending enough to play the games what kind of performance are you looking for ( screen resolution/size and frame rates )?

Do you have a preference of INTEL over AMD for CPU as well as nVidia or AMD for Graphics?

Are you looking to have a SSD for fast boot and loading of games or go with a hard drive for larger capacity, or a combination of SSD and HDD so you can have boot speed and whatever launched off of SSD fast, but storage on a HDD for ( x-many GB/TB of storage? )?

Additionally what size monitor are you looking for and are you going with desktop or laptop?

Are you looking to build your own system or get a prebuilt gaming system as well?

You can get more for your money out of a desktop computer vs a laptop. You might already be aware of this, but had to state this fact.

habfan93

Topic Starter

Greenhorn
      « Reply #2 on: January 20, 2017, 01:20:25 AM »
      I use to play on line games but stop playing long time ago but I like role playing games and war games and dungeon and dragons how much to spend well I want to spend the best computer I can get for 1200 Canadian or a little more if I have to go. witch ever OS that I should get in your opinion.Get the best resolution and size and frame you can get to fall in the budget.As for ssd or ssd and had again witch ever is the best to get so I can get more for my buck.biggest monitor you can get for the money.and I want desktop. And do I want to build my own or get one that all ready build witch ever way gets me the best computer for my money thanks for doing this for me but be patient with me I don't know a lot about the working of the computer so I trust you to answer aloe of questions for me my name is Nate

DaveLembke

Sage
      • Certifications: List
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Expert
      « Reply #3 on: January 20, 2017, 09:28:17 AM »
      Do you want to spend time making your own computer or just have a computer you can plug in and run?

One benefit of a prebuilt computer is that if you run into problems the warranty terms are better. If you build your own the warranty terms will be down to just the certain component that is acting up vs telling a brand that they need to send a replacement computer.

Building a computer is pretty easy but comes with risk and takes time and one bad move and you can destroy parts.

Since your looking to spend $1200 Canadian to get the best/most for your money... I just need a direction you want to go... do you want to be bothered and take on the risks associated with building your own computer or do you just want to open a box and boot it up?

I use to play on line games but stop playing long time ago but I like role playing games and war games and dungeon and dragons

Also a list of game titles that your going to play will be a help?

Games resource requirements depend on the games. Example being Facebook Games are mostly Flash Based execution and Flash Games will generally only use 1 core of a multiple core system, so a Dual-Core 3.0ghz low cost computer could run a game like this just about the same performance of a 8-Core 3.0Ghz system.

Computers are evolving pretty quickly and you could go with a $500 computer now and then another $500 computer 5 years from now and stick with a 5 year life cycle or maybe even get 10 years out of each one if games are simple flash based etc. But if you will play any games that are graphically and computationally complex then a light weight computer would not be well suited for you.

As far as OS goes. I personally like Windows 7 the most, however Windows 8 or 10 has more of a life for microsoft support. I am guessing you already have a computer now... what OS have you been using that your use to and have you worked with Windows 8, 8.1 , or 10 to know whether you would like it or not?

habfan93

Topic Starter

Greenhorn
        « Reply #4 on: January 20, 2017, 11:18:33 AM »
        Ok I will get prebuild.I like more complex games I don t use Facebook a.now for the money if there is a cheaper computer but will do every thing I mention then that's fine but I don t want to cheap out on the monitor I like big and great quality for my games and movies. For the graphics card I would like the NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1080 if possible.l have been working on win 10 but not sold on it so if theres a cheaper one but better window that's fine with me I think that's all the questions answered thank. Oh and best buy is a good place to find it I think

patio

• Genius
        • Maud' Dib
          • Yes
        « Reply #5 on: January 20, 2017, 11:24:41 AM »
        Well the 1080 is gonna be the most expensive component.....take a look at the 1060 and 1070...

But it should fit your budget or maybe take it a bit over...

PS Quantos is a Helper on our chat site that is pretty knowledgeable on new builds BTW...

Just clik Free Help at the top of the page to Login...
        " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

habfan93

Topic Starter

Greenhorn
          « Reply #6 on: January 20, 2017, 11:34:34 AM »
          If the 1060 or1070 is all most as good asthe1080 then its ok I was wondering if you could talk to the helper for me with all the stuff I told you because I type with one finger and if I had to right this stuff all over my are is going to fall off lol lol lol

habfan93

Topic Starter

Greenhorn
            « Reply #7 on: January 20, 2017, 11:45:04 AM »
            Hey if I got room in my budget tell me what game accessory like. A joy stick or what ever I need not to use the key board I hate that steering wheel stuff like that back messager lol

patio

• Genius
            • Maud' Dib
              • Yes
            « Reply #8 on: January 20, 2017, 11:47:42 AM »
            I notified him....he should stop by with advice...
            " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

habfan93

Topic Starter

Greenhorn
              « Reply #9 on: January 20, 2017, 01:32:56 PM »
              Thanks alot