Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Keyboard loose in the laptop frame  (Read 4021 times)

Kingjordy

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    Keyboard loose in the laptop frame
    « on: January 18, 2017, 01:55:44 PM »
    Hi guys, thanks for reading my question it's appreciated. I have a 3 or 4 years old laptop, and the keyboard was defective after couple of years. So i order a new keyboard and take the chance (and the fun) to installed it myself. But since the keyboard work but it's a bit (really) loose. I try to screw everything back and start over the keyboard installation. The keyboard still really loose. Do you think i can do something ? Like using glue between the electronic to fix the part to the frame. Or it's too dangerous ?

Thank you.

Laptop : V5-473G-6814 CA

(You need to take everything off the laptop for installing the keyboard)

DaveLembke

Sage
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Keyboard loose in the laptop frame
    « Reply #1 on: January 19, 2017, 10:02:46 AM »
    I had a Dell Laptop that I bought a replacement keyboard on amazon and while it worked mine was just a tad loose in lower right corner. I used a hot glue gun to add a dab of hot glue between the outter keypad/keyboard body and the frame, then added the plastic molding back to hide the hot glue. If you go this route of a hot glue gun just be careful not to get hot glue under aky of the keys. Hot glue cane be stringy when adding a dab of glue and moving the glue gun away from it. Keeping this streamer of hot glue from getting on laptop or under keys, should work to fix this. My Dell had screws that were on underside that went through bottom and into the keypad/keyboard. *If you used the wrong screws in the keyboard screw holes you could have screws that bottom out and keyboard loose too. Guessing its not wrong screws.

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: Keyboard loose in the laptop frame
    « Reply #2 on: January 19, 2017, 10:56:26 AM »
    Agreed...hot glue is the way to go as it can be safely pried loose down the road if need be...
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "