Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Xplore Wifi Extender setup  (Read 4912 times)

MitjaHD

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

• Experience: Beginner
    Xplore Wifi Extender setup
    « on: February 15, 2017, 09:43:52 AM »
    I have trouble setting up Xplore wifi Extender. I want to have better wifi connectivity in my house, so I bought this device, but I can't get it working. I plugged it in socket and checked if worked, of course it didn't work. So I tried to connect it with my router (I use ethernet cable, not wireless, there is wifi but I doesn't use it for computer, I don't think it's even possible). There is option to use WPS setup but my router doesn't have this button. So I tried with ethernet cable that came with device, I plugged extender in socket, and connected it with router using ethernet cable. Now I could connect to this Xplore 3001 with my phone, but it has the same range as the main wifi (router) so it's useless. I also can't access settings (192.168.10.1). I hope you can somehow understand what problem I have. I would like to know how to correctly setup this WiFi extender, so I could use WiFi in bigger range. Thanks.

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
    • Geek After Dark
      • Gekk9pm bnlog
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Xplore Wifi Extender setup
    « Reply #1 on: February 15, 2017, 01:28:22 PM »
    Can you provide some more detail about the device?
    Do you have an idea of what mode you want to use?
    Does it look like this:

This device might be called an "aort"in Turkish because of  the band width it uses. In some cases it can cut your network speed in half.