Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: You Can Not Buy a Windows 7 PC . True or False?  (Read 3808 times)

Geek-9pm

Topic Starter

Mastermind
  • Geek After Dark
    • Gekk9pm bnlog
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Expert
You Can Not Buy a Windows 7 PC . True or False?
« on: February 18, 2017, 05:19:19 PM »
Well, yu can still buy a used PC from an individual.
What about MS certified dealers?

Now  while looking for a replacement PC, I found this on Amazon from a refurbish vendor. (Who is certified by MS.)
ATTENTION! Dear Customers,
Starting October 31, 2016 Microsoft has discontinued sales of Windows 7.
However, support for Windows 7 will continue until Jan. 14, 2020.
Please be informed; starting October 31, 2016, ANY Windows 7 computer offered in our Amazon store will be upgraded to and shipped with Windows 10 operating system. 
This is the specific link to the vendor:
https://www.amazon.com/sp?_encoding=UTF8&asin=B004MJ9O34&isAmazonFulfilled=&isCBA=&marketplaceID=ATVPDKIKX0DER&orderID=&seller=A2UB12KRF1MOED&tab=returns&vasStoreID=#aag_returns

Now does he mean only his company, or does he mean that from now on any PC  just now refurbished (by a MS certified dealer) must be preloaded with only Windows 10?
Is that true?
For me, getting a PC with windows 7 is not always the sambas getting one with Windows 10. There might be some programs that run better on Windows 7. And some new Apps only run on Windows 10.

I sure would like if they could sell a used PC with BOTH 7 and 10.  :)

strollin

Adviser
    • Yes
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Guru
Re: You Can Not Buy a Windows 7 PC . True or False?
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2017, 05:24:29 AM »
I read it as it's just his company.  Most likely it has to do with whatever licensing agreement he has with MS for installing Windows.

I'm sure there will be vendors out there that will still sell systems with Windows 7.

Personally, I run Windows 10 on all of my computers and have not encountered software that I couldn't get to run (other than really old 8-bit and 16-bit software).