Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: motherboard with specific requirements  (Read 3082 times)

123dan123

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    motherboard with specific requirements
    « on: March 18, 2017, 04:25:56 PM »
    i'm looking for a micro atx motherboard with a 1151 cpu port (for a intel i7 6700k cpu) an it's also got to have either PCI express PCI express 2.0 or PCI express 3.0(for an evga nvidia 1080 Ti founders addition graphics card)

the reason it's a micro ATX is because i'm planing to build in an HP omen x case, I've looked on there page, however i'm having trouble finding the right motherboard suggestions that fit all of the requirements above would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks. 

camerongray

Expert
      • Yes
      • Cameron Gray - The Random Rambings of a Computer Geek
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: motherboard with specific requirements
    « Reply #1 on: March 18, 2017, 06:09:20 PM »
    So you want to buy a HP Omen X machine then replace the board with your own?  That doesn't really make much sense to me.  That said, the requirements for a board you have listed don't seem to be anything particularly hard to find, any 1151 socket board will have the appropriate PCI-E slots.  Are you having difficulties finding such a board?

camerongray

Expert
      • Yes
      • Cameron Gray - The Random Rambings of a Computer Geek
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    « Reply #2 on: March 18, 2017, 06:24:33 PM »
    Ahh, just realised that you can buy the case on its own from HP, interesting decision on their part!  The other point still stands, are you having problems finding such a board?  Basically any high end mATX board would do what you need.

That said, the case appears to be £550 from what I can see which is a ridiculous amount for a case like that, apart from being at an angle, it doesn't really look to be anything particularly special.  Don't get me wrong, I'm not the sort of person that tells people to buy the cheapest case possible, I strongly believe that you should get a good case however I can't see what makes that worth remotely near the price they are asking.

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    « Reply #3 on: March 18, 2017, 08:09:09 PM »
    550 for a case ? ?...i'd reconsider...especially since you are limiting yourself to mATX form factor and components...
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "