Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Right click tools  (Read 3200 times)

NEEDTOKNOW!!

Topic Starter

Starter

• Experience: Experienced
    Right click tools
    « on: April 05, 2017, 02:49:50 PM »
    i am curious as to what "right click tools" consist of and what they are used for. I am also trying to figure out what applications they can be applied to. any information you have will be helpful

Allan

• Mastermind
    • Experience: Guru
    Re: Right click tools
    « Reply #1 on: April 05, 2017, 03:49:26 PM »
    What "right click tools" are you talking about?

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    « Reply #2 on: April 05, 2017, 04:10:13 PM »
    What you are calling right clik tools are actually context menu modifications...
    They can be anything from Send To...email...copy etc. etc....
    Basically rite clik shortcuts to any task within Windows or the app that's running...
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

Allan

• Mastermind
    • Experience: Guru
    « Reply #3 on: April 05, 2017, 04:22:31 PM »
    Again, I'd like to know what tools we're discussing.

NEEDTOKNOW!!

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2017, 07:46:29 AM »
      I'm not too sure what the "right click tools" are I believe they are beyond the basic undo, cut, copy, paste but I have not been able to find out what they are there aren't very many pages about them but from what I can find I believe its an addition to the original right click tools that you have to install and the pages I am finding are saying they work with SCCM I was trying to figure out what they consist of and how to get them/remove them

soybean

Genius
      • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
      • Computer: Specs
      « Reply #5 on: April 06, 2017, 04:47:48 PM »
      Right click menus vary, as patio mentioned, based on the context in which right click is used.  In other words, the contents of the right-click menu vary depending on what app you are using and where you right click.  For example, I am typing this reply in Firefox.  If I move my mouse around over different parts of the browser window and right click, I will as many a 6 or more different right-click menus.   If I move my mouse pointer down to the Windows taskbar and right click, I'll see a quite different menu.  Again, the the right-click menu vary depending on what app you are using and where you right click.   Does this help?

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
      • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
        • Yes
        • Yes
        • BC-Programming.com
      • Certifications: List
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Beginner
      « Reply #6 on: April 06, 2017, 06:22:52 PM »
      As Soybewan merntions, different applications will show different menu options. Firefox Addons can add items to the right-click menus shown in the browser, for example. System Center Configuration Manager can be extended With various extensions, such as the Right-Click Tools, which your rather odd phrasing seems to have stumbled on, as I doubt you are using SCCM.

Windows Explorer/File Explorer and the Windows desktop can have the Right-click Context Menu expanded and extended with Shell Extensions.
      I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.