Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Bsod & display driver crashing and rebooting  (Read 4945 times)

Marcus

Topic Starter

• Experience: Familiar
    Bsod & display driver crashing and rebooting
    « on: April 10, 2017, 10:51:55 PM »
    Motherboard: msi 970 gaming
    powersupply: evga nex750b
    cpu: amd fx8320
    gpu: 270x r9 msi version
    cooler: corsair hydro 55 quiet edition water cooler
    1TB sata drive + 3tb drive
    four 4gb ram sticks

I changed the case,board, added 2 ram sticks and the 3tb drive so above is the new current setup. I reformatted the drive windows was on and then reinstalled. I used the cd that came with with the board to install drivers originally but people recommend installed the updated drivers on the site so I just reinstalled overtop of the cd drivers. the gpu driver I had to do separately I've tried installing at least 3 different drivers in the past few days none seem to stop my computer from bluescreening or having this display driver crash randomly. I'm not sure what to do about this all the drivers were supposedly compatible I used amd's autodetect, tried downgrading with older drivers, and currently Im using drivers I found on the msi site for my card model.

I believe this is the blue screen I got recovered from bluescreenview https://puu.sh/vgqty/c5168711db.png

DaveLembke

Sage
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Bsod & display driver crashing and rebooting
    « Reply #1 on: April 15, 2017, 12:42:41 PM »
    I'd run MEMTEST86 and verify that the 2 RAM sticks you added play well with the other 2. Run this for at least 3 full tests it could take a few hours. Any errors in RED for memory addresses will point out that you probably have a RAM stick that doesnt play well with others. You then will have to test them in pairs of RAM to try to locate which stick is the culprit. Sometimes even though RAM is brand new it doesnt play well with other sticks, especially if mixed brand, type, or timings.

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: Bsod & display driver crashing and rebooting
    « Reply #2 on: April 15, 2017, 01:43:20 PM »
    Wrong vid drivers...go to the card manuf. site...or use the drivers it shipped with...

New drivers aren't always better drivers...
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "