Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Help with OneDrive  (Read 3961 times)

debby

Topic Starter

Hopeful

Help with OneDrive
    « on: April 16, 2017, 02:48:46 PM »
    Yes, I'm back with another question.  Okay, I did not totally understand that OneDrive was sending everything I did on my computer to "the cloud".  Now I get an email telling me I am over my limit and my computer will be frozen after June 2.  So I tried to contact the OneDrive people and evidently one or more of the people there are giving me different answers.  The very first thing I did was copied everything onto my external hard drive.  Now, should I have done "backup" or was "copy" to my external hard drive okay?  After I did that, I have no icon for OneDrive as the OneDrive people told me how to turn it off (I think) and there is nothing to click on to.  I even right-clicked the OneDrive on the menu on the left and nothing tells me what they are telling me.  I remember I had that icon and some of the things they told me to do until I "copied" everything to the external hard drive.  Should I try to put everything from the external back to the computer then start over again?  If I could get back what I had before, I think I can turn off OneDrive, which is what I want to do.  I do not have anything important on my computer, just pictures and odd things on My Documents and a few videos.  I do not use my computer for financial stuff and I have more than enough room on it that I don't need OneDrive.  I have a Dell Inspirion,  Intel Core i5-4460, CPU @ 3.20 GHz, Ram: 8.00 GB, Sys. Type:  IT 64-bit operating system. 

And don't you guys roll your eyes when you see it's me again!

Thanks,

Debby

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
    • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • BC-Programming.com
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: Help with OneDrive
    « Reply #1 on: April 16, 2017, 03:04:26 PM »
    You can copy the files to your Documents folder from the external. No need to use a backup tool either way.

If you need to access OneDrive again, you can do it via onedrive.live.com.
    I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.

Salmon Trout

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2017, 06:38:38 AM »
    And don't you guys roll your eyes when you see it's me again!
    No we don't, (at least I don't) because you're always so nice.

debby

Topic Starter

Hopeful

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2017, 06:06:06 PM »
      Salmon Trout, you are just so sweet!  I wish I could be as brainy as all of you here are.  Seems like some people just "get it" with a computer, and the others like me who don't "get it"!