Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Windows Wont Start  (Read 9822 times)

bob1286

Topic Starter

Hopeful
    • Experience: Beginner
    Windows Wont Start
    « on: May 01, 2017, 04:24:56 AM »
    I recently,  moved a build out of an old Case an into a new one an had no issues with wiring it up with no real hassle.  When I go to turn it on, starts up an gets stuck at the Windows Boot Loader Screen an just stays there.  I attempted to do a repair but, it's not able to an says that the drive is locked an needs to be unlocked.  I used Hiens an marked it as a Active Partition but, still get that error message.  I can't get into Safe Mode using F8 an seems like you have to use differnt keys now.  It's running a scan an repair from the Windows 8 Disc but, it don't seem to go beyond that an says 100% complete

not sure how much being about a 2 TB drive is effecting it though.  I did remove the additional, pci usb card to but, kind of doubt that's causing, the issue

bob1286

Topic Starter

Hopeful
      Re: Windows Wont Start
      « Reply #2 on: May 02, 2017, 04:02:55 AM »
      So I take it that they have to be connected the same way like the order the other case was in

patio

• Genius
      • Maud' Dib
        • Yes
      « Reply #3 on: May 02, 2017, 06:10:36 AM »
      You cannot simply move a Windows HDD from 1 install to another...
      " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

bob1286

Topic Starter

Hopeful
        « Reply #4 on: May 03, 2017, 09:50:54 PM »
        I don't see why, you can't since there isn't any major hardware changes.  Since, I can't get really any answers getting the data off an doing a reinstall of everything,  :-\  I have a feeling that this will pointlessly get locked then