Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Problem with starting my laptop on windows 10  (Read 3271 times)

Jose Lopez

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    Problem with starting my laptop on windows 10
    « on: May 07, 2017, 06:42:37 AM »
    I have a Sony Vaio laptop. I bought it and it came with window 8. with a hard disk of 640 Gb. I had not even 25% of the hard disk occupied and started to give blue screens with error messages. It sent me a message to change to window 8.1. I did not do it. Migrate to window 10 and keep working. Soon I started to give blue screens with error messages. Remove the hard drive from the laptop and I made a diagnosis with a diagnostic program and it gives me a message of 30% damage.. I currently can not start the laptop. My question is Can you do a defragmentation in D.O.S systems to isolate the damaged sector? For initial the laptop

PCdoc

Hopeful

• Yes
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Problem with starting my laptop on windows 10
    « Reply #1 on: May 07, 2017, 08:03:01 AM »
    Hi,

If you have access to the data on the hard drive, please backup your important data to a different hard drive as soon as possible, before doing any diagnostic or trying to fix further. May I know which utility did you use to diagnose?

Jose Lopez

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
      Re: Problem with starting my laptop on windows 10
      « Reply #2 on: May 07, 2017, 08:45:37 AM »
      I was endorsing the data and managed to back up some of the data.
      Diagnose it with two programs: the DISKINFO and the CENTINEL.
      The question. I can defragment the hard drive in D.O.S to isolate the damaged sector and then boot the laptop and then work