Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: What is New with USB 3?  (Read 2133 times)

Geek-9pm

Topic Starter

Mastermind
  • Geek After Dark
    • Gekk9pm bnlog
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Expert
What is New with USB 3?
« on: May 12, 2017, 05:54:52 PM »
This is a review of my favorite article about the new things in USB version 3. You can find many articles on the topic, this is my review of one of the best easy to read things out there.
USB 3.1 have you confused? Here’s everything you need to know about the standard
Author  Michael Crider has updated the article on April 11, 2017. So it now includes some new things you need to know. 
He says:
...and the faster Gen 2 standard is appearing on portable hard drives, enclosures, and adapters. As the Type-C port gains popularity with laptop and phone manufacturers, USB 3.1 Gen 1 and Gen 2 will likely spread through the consumer electronics industry much faster.
He includes some nice photos of new USB drives with dual connectors. Yeah, the new standard is not pin compatible.  Read carefully the details.
Of course, he does not really cover everything,  still, he does cover a lot of material in a short easy read. I recommend you look it over, unless you already know almost everything. ;D