Software > Computer programming

What is most complicated language?

(1/3) > >>

Mikky004:
Hi Guys,
I have one important question and need prompt and detailed answered please.
What is most complicated language?
Thanks in advance.

Computer Hope Admin:
Your question really all depends on the programmer. One of my favorite languages is Perl that many people consider a very complicated language. However, after programming in Perl for 10+ years I find it quite enjoyable. However, to answer your question I'd believe that for most people a language like assembly would be the most complicated language because you're giving the computer low-level machine instructions instead of easy to remember commands or functions like "print."

BC_Programmer:
Do you mean the most complicated programming language or the programming language that is the most complicated to program in?

For example, Assembly as a language is simple. Programming in Assembly is complicated.

Geek-9pm:

--- Quote from: BC_Programmer on May 19, 2017, 07:44:30 AM ---...For example, Assembly as a language is simple. Programming in Assembly is complicated.

--- End quote ---
I wanted to say that.  :)

DaveLembke:
As far as programming languages go and complicated vs easy. I feel the other factor to consider is, have you ever programmed before to know how to structure a program and reuse of objects etc if object oriented programming, and flow charts to write down how you want your program to function and then be able to then code the logic etc.

Is there a certain program or game that you want to make that one language might be better than another should also be considered in addition to complexity! I got into C++ back in college 20 years ago because I was told it was the language to be in on if you want to make video games. Very quickly I learned how extremely hard it is to make cool games in C++ and even calling to bitmap image files takes considerable work in C++ for gaming which i thought would have been the easy way out of having to generate every pixel to have predetermined screens for each case and then screen transition for each possible combination of a game play to make something that looked good since I could make something really graphically pretty with Adobe Photoshop etc and save it as bitmap images etc which C++ had support for. I aborted that project, and instead went to HTML and Javascript for the game to be pretty and run through a browser vs run in its own window. Then Flash Games came along and HTML & Javascript games were meh and stopped making games with HTML & Javascript to be played for free online and never got into Adobe Flash game creation.  :-\

My dream out of college was to be a Game Programmer / Developer... but it didnt come to be because I gave up on it when hitting that painful wall with C++ trying to make graphically appealing Video Games and instead said well what else can I do... well I can use my skills for System Admin MIS/IT and I am very good at making programs to test and automate stuff and generate reports etc so went that route.

Also with programming .... What is easy to me might be hard for you and vice versa etc, so this is to be considered in reading this.

Computer Hope Admin stated:

--- Quote ---One of my favorite languages is Perl that many people consider a very complicated language. However, after programming in Perl for 10+ years I find it quite enjoyable.

--- End quote ---

I learned Perl about 12 years ago through Virtual University online and I found it not difficult and actually liked its structure as well as cross platform compatible ease ( Windows/Linux ) as well as it has some very powerful features to it that can be coded up with a few lines of code that in other languages would take far more lines of code. Perl is one of my favorites for something I want that is quick and down and dirty console ( DOS Shell type execution area ) based programming. Perl also is handled through an interpreter as a scripting language so no time wasted compiling, as its compiled when executed as a scripting language by interpreter. As long as the system your on has Perl support ( a Perl interpreter ) it will run that Perl program with the .pl extension etc.

Python is a language that I have been messing around with more and more. It also supports cross platform.

Languages & Scripting Languages I have learned & used over the last 30 years are: Basic, QBasic, Visual Basic ( back in the days of VB6 years ago ), C, C++, C#, Perl, PHP, JaveScript, and more recently Python. Of all of these I would say C++ has given me the most difficulty; yet I have a liking to that language and use it a lot.

Pretty much if I want something that I will compile as an exe to run on a number of systems I will use C++. If I just want to program something up very fast down and dirty I then use Perl to run it on a system that has Active Perl community edition installed on it. https://www.activestate.com/activeperl?gclid=CJn8lt-l_NMCFY-PswoddxUH6w   Perl can be used for server side program execution such as on a web server to serve up dynamic info, but I use it mainly for workstation use within console window. Additionally it supports system calls the same as C++ and so instead of reinventing the wheel, i can perform system calls to other programs etc and have a Rube Goldberg program that works perfect, but instead of having to create the code to perform certain functions, I can perform calls in DOS from within the program to do something and then the program then able to use that info generated from the system call which called for another program to perform instruction with switches etc, and then pick back up in the Perl program where it left off similar to how Batch is, but with far fewer restrictions of Batch alone etc.

Years ago I played with x86 Assembly about 20 years ago and lost interest in it and went back to C and C++ since I didnt need to create my own boot loaders etc. If I needed an OS to bundle with code, Linux was free so why reinvent the wheel etc. It was easier programming for systems that already had operating systems etc, so I lost interest in it.  https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/X86_Assembly/Introduction

Lastly 99.9% of my programs are for myself. They dont need to be pretty, they just need to work, so I tend to blend a mix and match of stuff together that gets the job done many times and avoid reinventing wheels when i can borrow use of someone elses wheel and not waste time coding up my own when I legally have access to this other one that is built into Windows OS for example etc. I would rate myself as intermediate programmer but not a master of any one language. I still make plenty of mistakes and learn from them.  ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version