Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Can't boot Windows+keyboard inactive during pc boot  (Read 3626 times)

Equilux

Topic Starter

• Experience: Experienced
    Can't boot Windows+keyboard inactive during pc boot
    « on: June 16, 2017, 10:50:11 PM »
    Basically my pc has been in a boot loop for the past few days and it keeps trying to repair Windows and failing and have tried almost everything to fix it. The only thing I have not tried is changing the start up settings this is because in order to do this my pic needs to restart to load the start up menu. However the start up menu loads at a stage before my computer supplies power to my keyboard. I have tried all my USB ports and none will give my key board power which means I can't use the number keys to select safe mode or something.
    But this isn't where the current problem lies at the moment. I gave up on the start up menu and tried some more things with the cmd I accidentally stopped it from trying to auto repair everyone it boots and I can no longer get to these settings. It just says recovery your pc couldn't start properly, error code 0x0000001 press esc for recovery, enter to try again and f8 for start up settings. This too is at a stage where my keyboard is in active.

If anyone has any idea how to use my keyboard during this stage or how to undo switching off auto repair, It would be great.
    If anyone also has any idea what I should do to fix Windows after I fix this itwould also be useful.

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: Can't boot Windows+keyboard inactive during pc boot
    « Reply #1 on: June 17, 2017, 07:32:41 AM »
    Does the PC have PS2 ports ? ?

If so get a PS 2 keyboard and mouse...
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

Geek-9pm

Mastermind