Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: How can I choose when Windows 10 downloads updates?  (Read 5863 times)

02bin3

How can I choose when Windows 10 downloads updates?
« on: June 22, 2017, 12:46:40 PM »
I have Hughesnet with limited usage (cheapest plan) and I've gotten into trouble with Windows 10 Updates downloading during peak usage hours when I'd rather be able to have the option of downloading updates manually.  How can I change Windows 10 settings to download ONLY when I choose the time.  Hughesnet allows "free" time between 2:00AM and 7:00AM, however, I do not want to schedule for that time as I do not leave my computer running all night long.  I can, however, get up before 7:00AM to manually download updates if they are available.  Is there a way of doing this?  Thank you.

02bin3

Re: How can I choose when Windows 10 downloads updates?
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2017, 08:14:01 AM »
Sorry to take so long getting back to you.  Windows 10 downloaded another huge update and Hughesnet just wouldn't allow me to get to the hyperlink you provided.  This morning I was able to get it to connect and, unfortunately, I have an ethernet connection at my present location which excludes my computer from setting it for 'metered' according to the instructions.  I usually try and get all my big updates at my other location, however,  the folks who added more memory to my laptop didn't bother letting it update Windows or Kaspersky security.  Thank you for your suggestion anyway. :)