Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Need help with uninstalled update for my smartphone  (Read 2702 times)

lisashomeoffice

Topic Starter

Beginner

• Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Familiar
    Need help with uninstalled update for my smartphone
    « on: June 25, 2017, 11:09:21 PM »
    I purchased this Moto g4 plus smartphone recently.  A message came up saying that there was an update that was needed to be installed from Motorola.  I downloaded the update and after it was completed I hit the icon that said "install" on it.  After 10 minutes a message came back saying: Start up Failed. Your device didn't start up successfully. Use the Software Repair Assistant on computer to repair your device.  Connect your device to your computer to get the Software Repair Assistant.Below that it says: AP Fastboot Flash Mode (secure)failed to validate recovery image.  ERROR Failed to pass validation.backup to fastboot.  Fastboot
    reason:   I tried to find a software repair assistant on my computer:however, there was none.  Is there someone out there that might be able to give me a clue as to what to do?  I am real new to smartphones and other related wi fi devices. Any suggestions out there would be appreciated.  Thank you in advance.

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
    • Geek After Dark
      • Gekk9pm bnlog
    • Certifications: List
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Need help with uninstalled update for my smartphone
    « Reply #1 on: June 26, 2017, 02:58:52 AM »
    You have had a bad smartphone experience.  :(
    It is odd taht a new phone would need an update. Have yu made contact with the vendor? Is there some kind of warrenty? In the USA  some  electronic devices have a 90 day warrenty. If you are in the Usa, ask the vendor for a refund or replacement.

My own experience with smartphnes has been limited, but often the failure rate of smartphones is ,in my opinion, much too high. Best thing to do is to find a local dealer taht offers direct help at the time of sale.

You may have to buy a new phone.

lisashomeoffice

Topic Starter

Beginner

• Experience: Familiar
      Re: Need help with uninstalled update for my smartphone
      « Reply #2 on: June 28, 2017, 06:13:58 PM »
      Hi,

Thanks for the reply.  I just got a hold of Motorola and had a online chat with them.  They finally decided that maybe it would be best to send it back and have a new one sent back in exchange.  It really seems odd that downloading an update from Motorola would cause this mess.  The phone does'nt turn off when it is supposed to even though I hold down the off button for an extended amount of time.  Turning it on is a problem as well.  It didn't do this before the update was downloaded.

Thanks again.