Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: I need help from a network engineer to answer some interview questions  (Read 2046 times)

saudmk

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    Hey everyone
    I’m taking a technical writing class and one of the assignments I have is to interview 1 relevant professional who works outside the university and it has to be in the same major. I would appreciate the help if you answer these questions and you don't have to answer them all.

1-Why did you decide to study engineering?

2-What field did you choose?

3-What extra requirements such as certificates might we look at getting to be more marketable?

4-Was this field different than you expected it to be?

5-What things do employers mostly look for?

6-How necessary are internships for a future job?

7-What duties are required as an engineer?

8-How diverse has your work been, personally?

9-What is your goal in 10 years from now?

10-Do you have any experience working with other engineering fields?

11-Do you have any specific skills within your field?

12-Is a bachelor's degree sufficient for this field?

13-If you have any advice for a future engineer what would it be?

Thank you

DaveLembke

Sage
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Its too bad it has to be a network engineer specifically.... it excludes many who would otherwise participate if not that specific.

For a technical writing class I am surprised that they require the person answering to be same profession as you.

You might find better results contacting a company that has network engineers to see if they might be able to answer the questions for you. Additionally an internship would generally allow questions like this as well as maybe get your foot in the door with a career during or after college.