Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Computer Hope could be blocked or slowed down by your ISP  (Read 1964 times)

Computer Hope Admin

Topic Starter
  • Administrator

• Prodigy

• Yes
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • Computer Hope
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Guru
Computer Hope could be blocked or slowed down by your ISP
« on: July 12, 2017, 04:57:45 AM »
In a show of my support for today's protest, I've updated the Computer Hope home page to include the following notice and changed the logo shown on all pages of the site. I also thought it would be worth mentioning on the forums.

Some in Washing, D.C. want to change the Internet for the worse and give Internet Service Providers (ISP's) the ability to control your experience online. Specifically, they want to change Net Neutrality laws that would allow them to control your experience online by prioritizing traffic online, slow down your connection, and even gain the power to block websites. If you don't like the idea of pages you enjoy visiting on the Internet being restricted or slowed down tell the FCC how you feel about this proposal. Visit the FCC proceeding 17-108 and click on the +Express link to express how you feel about the government taking away Net Neutrality.

[attachment deleted by admin to conserve space]
Everybody is a genius. But, if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spend its whole life believing that it is stupid.
-Albert Einstein