Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Constant "Not Responding" issues in Win 10  (Read 3135 times)

firosiro

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    Constant "Not Responding" issues in Win 10
    « on: July 21, 2017, 01:33:44 AM »
    My Mom upgraded to Windows 10 already. Since she did, none of the taskbar buttons open anything. Any attempt to open Edge, Store, Files, etc, just ends up doing nothing. The busy cursor appears over taskbar, but nothing ever opens. Sometimes I can get it to let me right click the taskbar for menu, but choosing anything on the menu does nothing. Cannot maneuver around the computer to even find anything to try any fixes because nothing will open. What icon shortcuts she has on her desktop will work as far as opening, but I get constant errors if I try to do anything within them. For instance, FireFox or Chrome will open, but if you try to navigate to a page it gives you an error. Cannot locate windows update to see if there are any patches put out yet. Basically the computer is unusable other than the couple of games that she has icons on her desktop for (no major gaming, just local card games type stuff). Task Manager opens a window, but never loads and stops responding. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

kburra

Beginner

Re: Constant "Not Responding" issues in Win 10
      « Reply #1 on: July 21, 2017, 07:18:50 PM »
      Sounds like the computer does not have enough memory to run Win 10,or there are too many other programs running in the background,if everything was good with Win 7,just revert back.

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
      • Geek After Dark
        • Gekk9pm bnlog
      • Certifications: List
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Expert
      Re: Constant "Not Responding" issues in Win 10
      « Reply #2 on: July 21, 2017, 07:30:17 PM »
      Specs about he PC please.
      Which build of  Widows  10 and how did you get it.
      How did that PC perform with Windows 7?
      How did you install Windows 10?
      Do you have a backup of your Windows 7 installation?
      If so, use it now to get back to where you were.