Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Wireless Mouse Battery Level Problem  (Read 2323 times)

corndale

Topic Starter

Beginner
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    Wireless Mouse Battery Level Problem
    « on: December 10, 2005, 03:04:13 AM »
    I have a Microsoft Wireless Optical Mouse with Mouse Driver Version 5.20.413.0.  Everytime I boot up in Windows XP Home, I get the following message: "The wireless mouse battery level is low. Replace the batteries soon so the wireless mouse will continue to function properly."  I have replace the batteries several times with quality batteries, but the message continues to appear.  Now I just click OK, and the mouse functions with no problems.  I also have the matching Microsoft Wireless MultiMedia Keyboard 1.0A.  I do not get this message for the keyboard.  The Microsoft Wireless Desktop Receiver 1.0A is connected directly to the PC via the USB port.  Any suggestions as to how to correct this erroneous message?

Computer is a PIII 1.2 with 512MB, and 80G (64.5G free) & 40G HD (4.8G free).  The OS is on the 80G HD.  Software programs include Norton AntiVirus 2005 & Zone Alarm Pro 6.0.667.000.

GX1_Man

Re: Wireless Mouse Battery Level Problem
    « Reply #1 on: December 10, 2005, 04:53:07 AM »
    This seems to be a similar kind of USB problem as your other post. Do you have another USB mouse to test with? Can you uninstall this device in device manager and then restart the machine and let it pick it ub again?

Are you using separate USB ports for each item, or some sort of hub?