Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: 2 problem  (Read 11248 times)

quanghieuci

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    2 problem
    « on: August 09, 2017, 02:41:30 AM »
    So I just got my new ASUS ROG Strix yesterday and today, foolishly enough, I tried to download a video game torrent. It turned out to contain some malware, which my anti-virus detected and I asked for my anti-virus to put the malicious files in quarantine-mode (or whatever it's called). Anywho, right as I did that, I went for the system recovery and chose "remove all files and wipe the computer" option. Everything worked fine up until now, the recovery has been stuck at 34% for about an hour. All it says is "recovering this PC 34%", with the dots spinning around. So the screen isn't entirely frozen (dots are moving around, indicating the machine is working) but it's been stuck on 34%.

Worth mentioning is that my machine has an SSD (128gb) and HDD (1tb) and the game I downloaded was in my D: drive, i.e. on my HDD.

second question

I have a Toshiba laptop with Windows 10.   I keep getting error messages like below.  In Services there must be a lot that are disabled but I cannot get into Services to correct the problems.

Network errors
    Windows cannot access C:\WINDOWS\system32\cmd.exe

Windows cannot access C:\Windows\regedit.exe

Windows cannot access C:\Windows\system32\services.msc

an unspecified error occurred during system restore in safe mode.

When I go to system restore in Recovery in the control panel, I get System Restore could not start.

Any way I can fix this?   Thank you.

DaveLembke

Sage
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: 2 problem
    « Reply #1 on: August 10, 2017, 10:19:08 AM »
    Did you make the optional recovery media for this computer? It could be used to wipe out infection and corruption. If none were made then you need to contact the computer manufacturer and explain to them that you need the recovery media because the computer crashed. If you tell them you downloaded and infected your system they might just say good luck with that without the media you need to perform a clean factory install.