Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: My website is being blocked.  (Read 3165 times)

Hack

Topic Starter

• Experience: Experienced
    My website is being blocked.
    « on: August 19, 2017, 08:44:00 PM »
    My website is being blocked.  When trying to access from my pc I get The DNS server might be having problems. Error Code: INET_E_RESOURCE_NOT_FOUND.  All other websites work great.

I can access the site from other devices on my home network, I can access it from work as well.  The associated email address is also not working from my pc (I can get emails on my phone).  I have contacted my isp and they say it is nothing on their end.  I have tried different DNS servers as well.  I cannot ping the address as it times out.  This happens with MS Edge, Internet Explorer, Chrome and Firefox.  I have disabled the firewall - no luck.  I have reset the router, no luck.  I have disconnected the router and connected directly to the cable modem, no luck.  I have tried ip release / renew, no luck.

I am running out of ideas.  Any suggestions?

Thank you

Dan

DaveLembke

Sage
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: My website is being blocked.
    « Reply #1 on: August 20, 2017, 07:07:24 AM »
    Not sure why you thought your ISP was blocking when all over devices worked fine from same internet connection. But its definitely something specific to just that computer. I'd start by backing up your important data to cloud storage or external media and then restore the computer back to factory from recovery media or perform a clean installation. The last time I saw strange stuff like your having it was due to a system that had been hit by a virus before and the system was operational but its guts were swiss cheese. I'd perform a clean build of that system and the problem should go away. Only other way I can think of it not going away would be if the OS was one that was not legal and cracked as for cracked OS's generally have oddities with their behavior.

Hackoo

Hopeful
    • Experience: Expert
    « Reply #2 on: August 20, 2017, 05:43:19 PM »
    What's the link of your website ?

Hack

Topic Starter

• Experience: Experienced
      « Reply #3 on: August 23, 2017, 04:18:56 PM »