Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: I need hopes help with PoE and Windows XP  (Read 4293 times)

MisnikTom1983

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    I need hopes help with PoE and Windows XP
    « on: August 21, 2017, 06:03:23 AM »
    Hi, I have been asking in other forums and I have not got an answer. I typed in Google "hope" and so I found you :-)

I'm running a Diablo 3 farm, Path of Exile and I'm starting with the Rocket League. Computers that I "play" in the Path of Exile have Windows XP installed. Everything worked until I updated PoE to the new Fall of Oriath - then I completely lost the graphics. I do not see anything, as if the monitor was not working (works, after ctr + alt + delete appears a window).
    It works, I hear music, and when I click (do not see) I hear how I move around the Menu. On computers with other software ie Windows 7 and Windows 8 - the problem is not there and PoE works nicely. I very much care if there are any PoE players here, I will gladly give them some Exalted Orbs or other Orbs in return for help.

DaveLembke

Sage
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: I need hopes help with PoE and Windows XP
    « Reply #1 on: August 21, 2017, 02:44:52 PM »
    I play PoE off and on myself as well as D3... Never played rocket league.

It appears that the video card your using cant handle the new Fall of Oriath maybe. The system requirements are greater for the expansion. What do you have for a system and graphics card? Maybe you will get lucky and just need a driver update for the GPU...  :-\  *Also... Help Here is ALWAYS FREE ... dont worry about sending me anything.  :)

Worst case scenario might be to buy a better video card for the system. But before spending any money lets verify what you have for hardware and check all free options first.  ;)

Are the older hardware requirements for POE the same for Fall of Oriath?
    https://www.reddit.com/r/.../are_the_older_hardware_requirements_for_poe_the/
    Jun 21, 2017 - 4 posts - ‎3 authors
    I'm afraid the hardware requirements will change because the patch will introduce new graphic optimizations and upgrades.