Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: usb to router  (Read 2611 times)

diode

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    usb to router
    « on: August 26, 2017, 03:06:45 PM »
    Hi to all,
    i would like to use a usb, connected to the routers usb and run a sricam camera  programme to record on to the usb,
    instead of the computer, that would mean i do not need the computer on day and night.. is this a possibillity or a hard drive connected to the router??  the usb is run on fat32 mvfs
    what do you think!!
    mick cheers

DaveLembke

Sage
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: usb to router
    « Reply #1 on: August 29, 2017, 12:18:51 PM »
    There is usually a service and computer associated with the camera that handles the video stream to writing it to storage or camera is connected directly to a DVR.

Only way i could at all see this working is if your camera supports sending the video to a NAS or external hard drive directly. I have yet to find any unless your doing some sort of Video Camera mod/hack where your connected to SDCard connection and sending the SDCard communications over a network to another storage device such as a NAS that is acting like a virtual SDCard.

Most cameras are dumb devices, they just capture video and pass it digitally to another device that can render the digital data back into video for humans to watch or to be written to storage by use of a DVR or Computer.

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
    • Geek After Dark
      • Gekk9pm bnlog
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: usb to router
    « Reply #2 on: August 29, 2017, 12:51:10 PM »
    More hardware needed.
    http://digitallanding.com/how-to-connect-a-dvr-to-your-home-network/
    If you want to add tonight’s big game your digital video recorder’s to-do-list from the Internet and download shows to your DVR from your laptop, a friend’s DVR or an online video service, such as Amazon, then connect a DVR to your home network. Your DVR will be able to keep itself up-to-date without a telephone line, and you’ll still be able to watch shows that reflect your interests, at your own convenience.