Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Turned off computer while selecting boot device and now computer won't turn on  (Read 2123 times)

mjpember

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    Hey there everybody. I heard this was a good place to get advice with computer troubles, and boy oh boy am I in a pickle.

I was trying to select a device to boot as I wanted to boot from a USB. I thought I selected the USB option (it just said Sandisk) but it went to another screen where the only real thing I could do was select which hard drive I wanted to boot from. I thought I selected the right one, and tried to exit, but it wouldn't let me leave or go back to the BIOS. So, I tried to shut off my computer my holding down the power button but that didn't work, so I flipped the switch on the backside of the computer. When I tried to turn it back it refused to start. I tried taking out the battery on the motherboard and putting it back in to see if that would fix it, but alas, nothing.

I'm not sure if that fried my power supply or not. I've had to turn off my computer that way before (I know I probably shouldn't) but it's always worked just fine. Is there any way I could turn my computer back on to at least get back to the bios?