Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: No Connection Online  (Read 2737 times)

bob1286

Topic Starter

Hopeful
    • Experience: Beginner
    No Connection Online
    « on: September 11, 2017, 08:25:53 AM »
    Not to sure what happened but, I have a build that is seeing packets coming back an going out but, its not connected online.  I have the Ethernet cable connected to a switch an then to a ap that connects to the main dsl Modem.  I can see an connect to other units that are on the same network.

DaveLembke

Sage
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: No Connection Online
    « Reply #1 on: September 11, 2017, 01:00:00 PM »
    Look at IPCONFIG/ALL and see if your gateway connection is correct as well as can you ping outbound to www.google.com as well as if all else fails start with a clean build vs one that likely got hit with an infection. Some nasty malware use to cripple internet by hitting the HOSTS file etc. Shut off firewall on local system and see if firewall is cause too.

btw ... answering this now, but depending on what direction this goes I might go silent as per your track record of posts here.  :-\

Mark.

Adviser
    • Forum Regular
      • Yes
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced
    « Reply #2 on: September 11, 2017, 03:35:53 PM »
    I'm not clear on your problem.

Are you saying "Why are packets being sent when I'm not even online?"

Then you say "it's connected to a switch to an AP to a modem" - so that's why you are seeing packets moving around, as all those devices 'poll' each other.

bob1286

Topic Starter

Hopeful
      • Experience: Beginner
      « Reply #3 on: September 16, 2017, 01:01:54 PM »
      not sure what happened :/  it was working fine earlier when I reinstalled the driver an before an update now its not working again all together.  Something about issues with the DNS