Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: My computer really acting up after I upgraded from windows 7 to 10. Please help.  (Read 5407 times)

Keep

Topic Starter

Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    So basically I upgraded from windows 7 to 10 few days ago before that I had no issues. I also installed an SSD and new 16gb ram and installed OS on SSD.
    I have my 144hz as my main monitor and a secondary monitor with 60hz with an HDMI cable plugged in since my gfx card only has 1 port. I never had an issue with this before but as of now I've noticed how tabs load in slowly and how they really lag when you move them I'll provide some short clips and you can see how it looks. Also videos / streams kind of lags small stutters and the video speeds up randomly it kind of looks like the computer can't keep up with the video.
    https://streamable.com/3qc09 - with 60hz hdmi monitor plugged in.
    https://streamable.com/6z0yh - with 60hz hdmi monitor plugged in.
    https://streamable.com/qr6wu - with hdmi monitor unplugged. Only 144hz monitor plugged in.
    https://streamable.com/59ey3 - with hdmi monitor unplugged. Only 144hz monitor plugged in.
    At first I thought it was that I needed to install graphics drivers, adobe but I've done all that. I felt a difference when I unplugged my hdmi monitor but it still doesn't feel 100%.

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    Did you install Win 10 drivers for everything yet ? ?

Are you sure the RAM is correct ? ?

Where are the vid drivers from ? ?
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

Keep

Topic Starter

Starter

Hey.

Yeah the RAM is correctly put in, an IT dude did it for me. I got all the latest drivers, and the video drivers are from geforce experience.

patio

• Genius
      • Maud' Dib
        • Yes
      Get the drivers from the card manuf. site....

Just cause an "IT" guy did the RAM doesn't mean it's the correct RAM...
      You can check this by looking at the QVL list in the MBoard Owners Manual...

Allan

• Mastermind
      • Experience: Guru
      You are posting this on multiple forums, and that's fine. But you need to keep each forum up to date on what actions you've taken so we know what's going on and to keep from wasting everyone's time. Thank you.

Keep

Topic Starter

Starter

You are posting this on multiple forums, and that's fine. But you need to keep each forum up to date on what actions you've taken so we know what's going on and to keep from wasting everyone's time. Thank you.
        I haven't taken any action yet cause I don't know what action I shall take, this is completely out of my hands of knowledge cause I didn't have this problem when I was on windows 7. Just simply looking for some guys with knowledge to help me :)

patio

• Genius
        • Maud' Dib
          • Yes
        And you have found them...have you done my suggestions above yet ? ?

RedKpălărie

Rookie

• Experience: Expert
          Not sure what cpu/gpu/ram you are using HDMI, HDMI 2.0 ?? .. but Running two monitors at different htz / response time, and two different interfaces may cause issues with many older GPUs. You may not have enough computing power to do what you want. You can lower both to 60htz and see what happens; upgrade your hdmi cables and make sure they are well shielded ( unlikely ); Check your RAM utilization and try scaling the GPU instead of the display if you are / can.

Way back in the day this was a problem with GTX cards as it required changing windows settings and some cards just could not run 60/144 or operate paired with another GPU. If I remember right it had to do with the PC trying to store frames to play back smooth video but ended up unable to play back at a constant frame rate as it could not sync for reasons such as inadequate ram, 60/144 .. and the mentioned above.

Keep

Topic Starter

Starter

Not sure what cpu/gpu/ram you are using HDMI, HDMI 2.0 ?? .. but Running two monitors at different htz / response time, and two different interfaces may cause issues with many older GPUs. You may not have enough computing power to do what you want. You can lower both to 60htz and see what happens; upgrade your hdmi cables and make sure they are well shielded ( unlikely ); Check your RAM utilization and try scaling the GPU instead of the display if you are / can.

Way back in the day this was a problem with GTX cards as it required changing windows settings and some cards just could not run 60/144 or operate paired with another GPU. If I remember right it had to do with the PC trying to store frames to play back smooth video but ended up unable to play back at a constant frame rate as it could not sync for reasons such as inadequate ram, 60/144 .. and the mentioned above.
            Hey man! I tried lowering my 144hz monitor to 60hz and it does feel much better. I have been working to fix this for a few days though but it's not where I need it to be. I was thinking of buying a 144hz displayport to plug in my main monitor and plug the DVI to my secondary monitor and not use the HDMI at all. What do you think about this?

RedKpălărie

Rookie

• Experience: Expert
              I know exactly what the issue is .. You can see it in the video, and hear it in the audio. You have passive electromagnetic interference, and active, as well as possible multiple frequency interferences. Maybe you drank too much Gatorade, It got what plants love.