Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Audio Issue (Possibly caused by software that translates audio files)  (Read 3974 times)

Konix25

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    I need help with an issue I am having with my computer that happens much more often than I'd like (At least 3 times per week) The issue's symptoms include (but are probably not limited to) the audio stuttering in such a way that it does make progression, but it slowed down, and choppy, as well as lots of static and buzzing. The volume slider that changes the volume is slow to respond and often takes up to 7 seconds to update (even when using the mute button) and the only known method to fixing this issue is restarting the system. I don't know what's causing this, and could not find any relation to it. I have attempted to update all software on my computer, and it was not fixed. I used lots of software wizards and used the troubleshooter multiple times to find the error with no success. I asked one of Microsoft's personnel and they could not help me (pointing towards updating software [which I had already updated] and claiming that the possibility of it being a hardware issue was in play [which is no reason to suggest one fix and give up] as well as attempt to charge me money for remote assistance [which I don't even trust] and feel insulted about :/) anyways, the fact that it could be a hardware issue is in play, but this doesn't mean I should give up. Recently I was playing on CSGO when this issue came up again, I had just so happened to open the console only to see the console flooded with audio file errors (and was still flooding after typing a message and such) which made me think that this could be caused by a software that reads and translates the files, instead the issue being where it is managed and run.

So basically what I'm saying is that I looked into all the possibilities of it being the sound driver, but not the encoder or decoder or reader or translator or whatever it is or is called, and that it may very well be so. And I need help finding what it is or where it is, how to uninstall/restart whenever this issue comes up/update/uninstall and add a variant that is more compatible with my current setup.

Thank you for reading and please help me I've been dealing with this issue for a year now...

NOTE: The audio drivers I'm using are "Realtek High Definition Audio" my computer brand is HP and if you want more information on it you can respond and I will gladly give out the information as long as it doesn't personally identify me.
    « Last Edit: September 21, 2017, 10:15:09 PM by Konix25 »

RedKpălărie

Rookie

• Experience: Expert
      Re: Audio Issue (Possibly caused by software that translates audio files)
      « Reply #1 on: September 22, 2017, 05:06:52 PM »
      There could be several issues and Realtek is subject to, and can cause problems.

The least likely is that your audio cable is not shielded very well and there may be something emitting a strong magnetic interference wave. Go buy well shielded audio cables.

2. If the front audio port on your case is low quality, the cable may not be properly seated in the MB pins.

3. Disable all other audio devices, especially the HDMI audio : Kill any obsolete audio / video  codecs or running apps like quicktime. Just my opinion, this is why I do not use, or allow HDMI to carry an audio signal.

4. IF the performance is the same as listening to steaming audio as audio running an application, you have a software conflict. If not, You have a software conflict. 

It is 99% unlikely that it is a hardware issue, but a conflict. Try running as many different audio file types as possible, burn a encode a CD into MP3, WMP, and other audio formats. If just one is fine, you have a conflict. If you can't troubleshoot it and have better quality out the back ports, sometimes you just do not notice it as much.

Buy a USB sound device.

RedKpălărie

Rookie

• Experience: Expert
        Re: Audio Issue (Possibly caused by software that translates audio files)
        « Reply #2 on: September 23, 2017, 10:34:02 AM »
        Oh... Also, in the power stetting you can select high quality or lower quality audio to save power consumption. Check that...