Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Shut down during windows 10 install  (Read 4098 times)

Arfa

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

• Experience: Beginner
    Shut down during windows 10 install
    « on: September 26, 2017, 12:46:07 AM »
    So, ive built a custom pc over the last few months and, having got everything else working, i went to install windows. After going through the setup (64 bit, product key, allocating hard drive space etc) the install started however, my computer lost power. When i restarted, i got this error
    An oprerating system wasnt found. Try disconnecting any drives that dont contain an operating system
    press ctrl alt del to restart
    by unplugging my only HDD, and having the windows 10 install usb in, i got taken back to the setup, but obviously,having unplugged my HDD, i had nowhere to install it. By doing this i also confirmed that the product key had been counted, no longer allowing me to use it. By going into system settings and making my computer auto boot from the windows 10 usb rather than the hdd the system told me that
    YOUR PC/DEVICE NEEDS TO BE REPAIRED
    the boot config data file doesnt contain valid info for an os
    file: \boot\BCD
    error code 0xc0000098
    youll need to use recovery tools. If you dont have any install media (i have usb) contact your pc administrator or
    pc/device manufacturer.
    any help, however simple would be appreciated
    thanks