Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Problem 3 1/2 inch floppy drive  (Read 97118 times)

Negenu

Topic Starter

• Experience: Experienced
    Problem 3 1/2 inch floppy drive
    « on: September 20, 2017, 02:42:56 PM »
    Hi,  I have an old Windows 95 laptop (Toshiba Satelite 220CS) whereas the 3 1/2 inch diskette drive isn't working properly. The green light on the drive works (when it's processing to read the diskette) but it can't really read any diskette. I've tried several formatted and non-formatted diskettes, but none of them works. I tried TDIAGS (scanning programme) to test the diskette drive but it won't work and always gives me an error. Does anyone knows a solution? I've already screwed it open to see if any cables were loose, but they were all fine. It'll always give me an error when I try to format a diskette; "A:\ is not accessible. The device is not ready."

Does anyone knows a solution? Thanks in advice.

Negenu

Nick Mikhay

Rookie

• Experience: Familiar
      Re: Problem 3 1/2 inch floppy drive
      « Reply #1 on: October 13, 2017, 08:57:33 PM »
      I have the same problem, and I think in my case it is the controller. I have a desktop so I can install a floppy controller on one of the PCI's. Or I may have to buy a new MOBO. I sure would like to know why the controller is not working, don't you?