Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Audio disabled when a sound is played  (Read 2300 times)

jazzthem

Topic Starter

• Experience: Experienced
    Audio disabled when a sound is played
    « on: October 01, 2017, 11:37:59 AM »
    I did a reinstall of Windows 10 on my laptop last week. All went well and the first days I did not run into any problems. Two days ago however, my sound is disabled whenever a sound is played. Here's what happens: when I reboot my laptop I can see the speaker icon in my sys tray with the soundwaves. When I play a sound, I can hear the sound for about 1 second and then the sound is disabled. The speaker icon in the sys tray changes to an icon with no soundwaves but with a cross next to it. Whenever I click on the icon, I can set my audio level and can enable the sound again. But when I play another sound, the problems reoccurs.

I already uninstalled the audio (Realtek HD) driver by uninstalling the Realtek software and uninstalling the driver, and then reinstalling it but to no avail. I also ran the Audio Trouble Shooter but to no avail either.
    Anyone has any suggestions?

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: Audio disabled when a sound is played
    « Reply #1 on: October 01, 2017, 05:26:47 PM »
    Where did you get the audio drivers from ? ?
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

jazzthem

Topic Starter

• Experience: Experienced
      Re: Audio disabled when a sound is played
      « Reply #2 on: October 04, 2017, 12:10:03 AM »
      From my laptop provider. The laptop is assembled by a in my country well known and legitimate laptop assembler. They also provide support by making drivers tailored for your specific laptop available for download on their website.