Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Who is Authorize.Net ; What about TLS 1.0 ?  (Read 2081 times)

Geek-9pm

Topic Starter

Mastermind
  • Geek After Dark
    • Gekk9pm bnlog
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Expert
Who is Authorize.Net ; What about TLS 1.0 ?
« on: October 01, 2017, 11:06:20 PM »
I don't know, That is what I am asking.
Wikipedia says:
Authorize.Net is a United States-based payment gateway service provider allowing merchants to accept credit card and electronic check payments through their website and over an Internet Protocol (IP) connection.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Authorize.Net
And says at the end...
Authorize.Net has the most customers of any payment processor,[22] and has been described as one of the more senior players in the payment processing industry, retaining a "decent portion" of the industry's market share.[20]
So, Why should I care?
I am not sure. But I read this:
NOTE: The PCI Data Security Standard requires that merchants discontinue using early TLS (1.0/1.1) for securing their sites, no later than June 30, 2018. In support of this, Authorize.Net is discontinuing support for TLS 1.0/1.1 on February 28, 2018. Please contact your solution provider and web hosting company to confirm that your solution and server fully support TLS 1.2 before or by February 28, 2018. Thank you
https://support.authorize.net/authkb/index?page=content&id=A1623&pmv=print&impressions=false&actp=LIST
Well, I do a tittle bit of bill paying ans shopping online. I prefer to use Windows XP.   So, when the old standard is taken away next year, will I be able to do any on-line things that require a secure connection? And does this thing have any impact on other security issues outside of money transfers?
I am just asking. So might I have resewn to worry about this?

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
  • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • BC-Programming.com
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: Who is Authorize.Net ; What about TLS 1.0 ?
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2017, 12:59:07 AM »
Windows version is only relevant if you use Internet Explorer. Other browsers implement it themselves rather than relying on OS components.

You can go here to see if a browser/system supports TLS 1.2.

https://www.ssllabs.com/ssltest/viewMyClient.html
I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.

Geek-9pm

Topic Starter

Mastermind
  • Geek After Dark
    • Gekk9pm bnlog
  • Experience: Expert
Re: Who is Authorize.Net ; What about TLS 1.0 ?
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2017, 11:44:39 AM »
Good link. It says my Firefox 52 is using OK.
Your user agent supports TLS 1.2, which is recommended protocol version at the moment.
You deserve a thank you!  ;D