Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: draw with code  (Read 4309 times)

pateln06

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    draw with code
    « on: October 02, 2017, 11:54:29 AM »
    I am at home screen of computer and I want to draw with code so where I have to go what to do in computer

Mark.

Adviser
    • Forum Regular
      • Yes
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced
    Re: draw with code
    « Reply #1 on: October 02, 2017, 11:51:54 PM »
    More info???
    What code are you using?
    You want to draw what?

DaveLembke

Sage
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: draw with code
    « Reply #2 on: October 03, 2017, 11:53:33 AM »
    I agree with mark... and drawing in code is something you can find in a google search for a specific language and get their code example for making a circle for example and then build on from it to do whatever you want.

You will want to take an intro to programming course or plan on lots of reading and playing around with demos of code before you are able to make a product to your liking. I took Advanced C++ in college for my degree requirement and Graphics with pixel control and collision detection and all that is a bit much for me. I get the concepts etc, but applying it is mathematical fun. I ended up sort of cheating a little on my final project in which I made a video game by calling to Bit Map Images to display certain game states, so i had an image that could be called and loaded for every game combination that i created with MSPAINT, and this gave the visual appearance of a very well crafted graphically eye appealing game, but it wasnt very complex at all for graphics as for it was just refreshing the bit map to the display for a turn based network game that was playable between 2 people and a text file that was shared between both players allowed the game to keep track of who is where and what everyones stats are etc. The game was LARGE in size because there was no reuse of objects in the images. Each game state was its own image, so it was like 250MB in size for something that if I knew how to get the graphics down in C++ probably could have been done in less than 10MB by reuse of images as textures etc where a small image object acts like a texture and is called and replicated to patch together on the screen like many tiles that make up the games display. Keeping track of the tile states within 3 dimensional arrays and all that made my head spin on my shoulders, so i had to come up with a game for final project and use all that was learned but the teacher didnt show us graphics we had to learn all that on our own and I took the easy way out of calling to like 1 of 200 game state bitmaps and as players move around on the map which was rather small and more of a proof of concept program and it was turn based to where as its your turn your system will change location of you on map and write back to shared text file, then the turn was given to me and the text file read in by C++ and map changed to reflect their change in position and back and forth until someone was dead and other alive etc.

Here is a example of very basic graphics: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-sYRiqVWi3Y

Unless you have ever programmed before you will be very lost with this... its not for beginners...  :-\