Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Best GPU for the $ (Non-Gamer) Needs:2 Monitors- 4K 30FPS (4 Vid Edits) & 1DVI  (Read 2233 times)

thebert1031

Topic Starter

• Experience: Familiar
    Hey Everyone,

I am looking for the best budget GPU that can handle my needs. I am building a Workstation PC (NON-GAMER). I want to run one 4K Monitor for Video Editing (4K GoPro Movies) so 30 FPS and a second 1080p or DVI (Doesn't matter really) to multitask.  I am a NEWB (Only build a small media PC).

Here is my build so far and I use Cyberlink for my Offline Video Editing (Not sure if that is CPU or GPU heavy)

Meshify C Case- 5 Fans
    Ryzen 7 -1700 with Wraith Spire LED Fan
    ASUS - ROG Strix B350 - F Gaming
    Windows 10 Pro 64bit
    Thermaltake - Smart DPS G 700 W Bronze
    NVme Samsung Evo 960 M.2 (Boot and Programs Drive) 250 GB
    Seagate Barracuda 7200 3TB
    (Will add in the future a 500 GB SSD and a 4TB Barracuda for Backup) Not enough money right now.
    I am going to getting 32GB RAM (2X16) Single Rank - Any Recommendations? I'm looking at 3200, DDR4, I heard Dimms made with Samsung Black Die Chips? are better for Ryzen)

But the GPU is my Primary Focus

I am building a Workstation PC (NON-GAMER). I want to run one 4K Monitor for Video Editing (4K GoPro Movies) and a second 1080p or DVI (Doesn't matter really) to multitask.

The MOBO can also power a 75 TPD GPU without a 6 Pin if that helps.

Recommendations? Manufacturers? Who to stay away from?

EVGA 1050 ti 4GB is where I am learning. Is that too much, not enough, just right?

Thanks,

Your Friendly Neighborhood NEWB!

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    That card is a fine choice
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

DaveLembke

Sage
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    That should be plenty. I wouldnt go with any lesser than that.

Also to mention the GTX 1050 ti I have seen come as 2 options. One video card that is powered directly from PCI-Express slot and the other with the 12V Molex power connection. The better choice is to get the one that has the 12 volt molex power connection as for it will operate better and not pull so heavy through your motherboards traces to power the card. There was also mention online, cant find it now to link here but that the GTX 1050 ti's with the 12 volt molex connections ran better in benchmarks as for the ones without the 12 volt molex connections are slightly clocked not as heavy such as at 1200Mhz vs 1354Mhz to be MORE GREEN by using less electricity, but with lesser power draw comes reduced performance!  ;)   So look for the fastest Core Clock in the specs, but also consider brand and features.

I bought a GTX 1050 Ti for my one system and ended up returning it because I found out that it didnt have legacy display support to drive a VGA monitor off of a DVI port. That legacy support for VGA displays through analog DVI ended with the GTX 780 ( 700 series GPU's ). All DVI ports on later cards are DVI Digital only. I ended up just going with a GTX 780 so that of my dual monitors I wouldnt have to buy 2 new flat screen monitors, when the current flat screen monitors are plenty for my needs.  :)