Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Computer wont start up  (Read 3731 times)

ZtephaN

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

• Experience: Beginner
    Computer wont start up
    « on: October 12, 2017, 11:41:37 AM »
    Hello. My computer wont start up. My computer shows a black screen with the text "map: Cannot find required map name". (check attached image). Nothing really happens if i press ESC, nothing happens if the time runs out, and nothing happens if i press another key. Im not really sure where to go from here. I have some files i would very much like to get a backup of if possible aswell.

Here is my setup information:
    Windows 10
    Intel CCore i5-4670K
    12 288MB 1333 MHz RAM
    MSI Z87-G43 Motherboard
    Kingston HyperX 3K 120GB Solid State Drive
    ASUS GeForce GTX 1060 3GB Dual OC

Thanks in advance for any contribution to solving this :)

[attachment deleted by admin to conserve space]

DaveLembke

Sage
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Computer wont start up
    « Reply #1 on: October 12, 2017, 12:38:18 PM »
    Lots of stuff on google on this issue. Have you tried any of these such as this one?

http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-2196846/motherboard-find-required-map.html

ZtephaN

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2017, 02:17:13 PM »
      Is there any way to edit my first post? When i go into BIOS, sometimes my SSD shows up, and sometimes there seems to be no SSD connected. I have tried to switch cables, sata ports etc.

I tried a couple of the suggestions on the link you gave.

I tried resetting the cmos via jumper on the motherboard. After doing this, i was brought to a screen where i could choose "Setup" or "Continue". Setup led me to BIOS, Continue led me to a eternal loading screen.

Another solution was to go into BIOS and turn fast boot off. It was already disabled.

I also tried typing "EXIT", which only brought me back to BIOS.

If i restart the computer a couple of times, it will run automatic repair and diagnostics. It just shows a loading icon forever, and nothing happens.

ZtephaN

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2017, 12:09:58 PM »
        bump

DaveLembke

Sage
        • Certifications: List
        • Computer: Specs
        • Experience: Expert
        « Reply #4 on: October 16, 2017, 12:18:56 PM »
        What is the voltage of your CMOS battery? It should be 3 Volts. I have seen where a borderline battery voltage causes BIOS issues. The sometimes seeing the SSD and other times it doesnt is very odd.

ZtephaN

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2017, 07:10:39 AM »
          What is the voltage of your CMOS battery? It should be 3 Volts. I have seen where a borderline battery voltage causes BIOS issues. The sometimes seeing the SSD and other times it doesnt is very odd.

I dont have the tool to measure voltage at hand at the moment, so i tried to replace the battery with a new one instead, didnt help. However, i did get some new info after doing this. After putting in a new battery, i got a prompt where i could choose "Setup" (which leads to BIOS) or "Continue". I pressed continue, and was presented with a loading screen that lasted for about 30 minutes. After 30 minutes, a stop screen popped up. It showed the stopcode "BAD SYSTEM CONFIG INFO". No numbers or anything

patio

• Genius
          • Maud' Dib
            • Yes
          « Reply #6 on: October 19, 2017, 07:15:51 AM »
          " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "