Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: PCCHIPS Drivers  (Read 6718 times)

Nick Mikhay

Topic Starter

Rookie

• Experience: Familiar
    PCCHIPS Drivers
    « on: October 12, 2017, 08:57:24 PM »
    Looking for driver disk for my board. Checked some of the links around but cannot get through to mfr. website or ftp.
    M900 Board has Intel Chipset, and I downloaded what seems to be working device driver for the 82801ba chipset , but skeptical that OEM version may be different. I also found what appears to be the AC'97 sound driver and installed that OK. There are no problems in the device manager, and the only foul-up, is the CD ROM Drive will not play music CD's. I was thinking the sound driver or something else causing that. (Just shifts through the tracks and returns to 1.)
    I was really glad about the deal that I got on e-bay for yesteryear dream pc. But, I am finding a few other things hard to deal with. The mouse is 3 button plug and play, but I can't use the 3rd button. The other guys want $275.00 for the same board new with driver disk. I hear that all legacy windows drivers are being removed from websites, and Microsoft ended its support.  Although, Radeon had the 9x drivers for their video cards. Never heard of PCCHIPS before, are they big in Europe?

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
    • Geek After Dark
      • Gekk9pm bnlog
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert

DaveLembke

Sage
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: PCCHIPS Drivers
    « Reply #2 on: October 13, 2017, 09:04:27 AM »
    Although, Radeon had the 9x drivers for their video cards. Never heard of PCCHIPS before, are they big in Europe?

PCCHIPS made motherboards years ago and they weren't the best of quality... it merged with ECS and ECS is making boards still and their quality in my opinion isnt much better. I see these boards in Acer minitowers that come to me and have had to replace numerous motherboards because of main board component failure. Moving RAM and CPU to a new board corrected problem basically with systems that failed to POST and power supply voltages were strong so it wasnt power supply induced.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elitegroup_Computer_Systems