Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Find Printer's IP Address.  (Read 106418 times)

rshari123

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

• Experience: Beginner
    Find Printer's IP Address.
    « on: October 15, 2017, 05:07:08 AM »
    I have a large office of my business, I have multiple printers and other machines connected to network of computers. Each networked printer has its own IP address. This IP address helps me diagnose problems if a printer stops working correctly. Many printers allow me to see the IP address through a menu on the LCD display. But Some printer doesn't have this capability. I have find the IP address servel times but nothing results found. So please anyone helps me to find remaining printers ip address.
    Thanks,

Salmon Trout

Re: Find Printer's IP Address.
    « Reply #1 on: October 15, 2017, 07:13:24 AM »
    If you can't find an IP address of a network printer from the menu display or your printer is connected to a printer server with no display, you may find its address from any networked computer configured to use the printer. To find the printer IP address from a Windows machine, perform the following.

Start -> Printers and Faxes, or Start -> Control Panel -> Printers and Faxes
        Right-click the printer name, and left-click Properties
        Click the Ports tab, and widen the first column which displays IP address of the printers

3. If your networked printer uses DHCP, you may connect to your router and find the IP address of the printer from DHCP status page. The router displays all host machines that are assigned dynamic IP addresses.

michaewlewis

Intermediate
      • Yes
      • Yes
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Find Printer's IP Address.
    « Reply #2 on: October 16, 2017, 11:29:29 AM »
    What kinds of printers do you have? If you have something like an HP JetDirect, you can press or hold down the reset button (check the manual first, though) to print a status page with the IP address.

I use SoftPerfect Network Scanner very often to find IP addresses on my network. It can be configured to scan for open web ports, which a printer would be using for its management interface. It will also display the mac address of everything on the network, with manufacture details, so you can sort it out to show what devices are of X brand, and then pick through them to find your lost devices.
    Once you've found the info you need, start making labels! :)

If you've got quite a few printers, it might make sense to set up a print management server. I use the one built into Windows Server and am pretty happy with it. That way you can install and troubleshoot from one location and it keeps track of your printer info for you and provides drivers for all your clients.