Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Best Video Cards for Mining Ethereum?  (Read 3239 times)

cryptosrus

Topic Starter

• Cryptos R Us
  • Experience: Expert
Best Video Cards for Mining Ethereum?
« on: October 15, 2017, 11:54:59 PM »
any ideas?

DaveLembke

Sage
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Expert
Re: Best Video Cards for Mining Ethereum?
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2017, 12:50:48 PM »
Last I checked it costs more money to mine than you get in return. I gave up on mining a ways back. I did the bitcoin mining and litecoin mining and its just a big waste of electricity and wear on expensive hardware.

*The way I see it, if it were profitable floods of people would be farming in droves similar to a gold rush.

Not sure if anyone here will be able to help you with this one, but I did mining before the Ethereum mining and if you want to do it just to do it I suppose it might be cool bragging rights to say that you farm it, but your likely to spend more money than you get in return as a warning to these virtual currency mining schemes.

Bitcoin for example there is specific hardware out there these days that crunches faster and more power/cost efficient than GPUs can.

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
  • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • BC-Programming.com
  • Experience: Beginner
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2017, 01:19:16 PM »
Etherium is a new cryptocurrency. As with any cryptocurrency it is profitable at the start for a while. If you can get into the base of the inverted triangle before it grows too large, you can make some great returns, at the expense of the people who show up later. But of course since it's an inverted triangle, it's not a pyramid scheme, so don't worry.

The "best" is pretty much the best you can afford. Whether that is an R9 295X or a GTX 1080Ti, or an RX460 or a GTX 960.
I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.

Mark.

Adviser
  • Forum Regular
    • Yes
  • Experience: Experienced
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2017, 03:10:08 PM »
you'll never recoup the outlay on hardware, or the running costs, to mine what you want.

professional mobs have, literally, buildings full of hardware that do that one dedicated task and only manage to make it profitable enough to make it worth while.