Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Microsoft .NET Framework refuses to install on my laptop  (Read 8756 times)

Holz1700

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    Microsoft .NET Framework refuses to install on my laptop
    « on: October 26, 2017, 06:41:01 PM »
    I recently tried buying VPN software for my laptop. When I tried installing the required components which just happens to me Microsoft .NET Framework 4.6.1 I have tried EVERYTHING within my knowledge and research to try and get it to install but I keep running into wall, after wall and it's driving my insane!

I've tried running System File Checker but it refused to start the fixing process (even in safe mode) I tried installing all the Windows updates (for some reason 2 updates refuse to also install.) I've tried running NetFxRepairTool But nothing it working! I don't know what else to try. Please if anyone can help!

Spec:
    Windows 8.1
    ASUS N550J Laptop
    Intel i7-4700HQ CPU @ 2.40GHz
    RAM 8.00 GB
    64-bit Operating System

Avast Free Antisoftware

[attachment deleted by admin to conserve space]

DaveLembke

Sage
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Microsoft .NET Framework refuses to install on my laptop
    « Reply #1 on: October 27, 2017, 09:15:14 AM »
    Do you have adequate free hard drive space to allow for this update to complete? Have you been in contact with the VPN software company to see if this is a known issue with others?

My experience with .Net Framework installs is that it works best to get the .Net Framework direct from Microsoft. If it came with the software, I'd get the version from Microsoft instead. Newer versions of .Net Framework have dependencies on prior versions as well and so you could be lacking the version before this to pivot off of to install this one. Sometimes it will error out and give you a error message that is helpful and other times it leaves you guessing as to why it wont install when there are other dependencies that arent met.

Do you have your system recovery media if you need to wipe clean and reinstall your OS to patch clean up to this version of .Net?

Techjourney

Rookie

• Experience: Experienced