Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Graphics card upgrade  (Read 2757 times)

ncmustangguy

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    Graphics card upgrade
    « on: November 05, 2017, 03:47:33 AM »
    I have a gateway sx2801 Windows 7 pc. I want to upgrade the graphics card. I'm wanting to play the Witcher enhanced edition and the Witcher 2. Can someone tell me what  graphics card would be compatible with my PC. Thanks

Ajfer03

Intermediate
    • Your everyday nerd.
      • Yes
    • Experience: Experienced
    Re: Graphics card upgrade
    « Reply #1 on: November 09, 2017, 08:12:16 AM »
    here is the thing, with that small of a desktop you are going to need a good amount of RAM and a good Processor. But when I looked at one of those models, I saw that you don't have too much room to work with. Along with literally almost no room, and really tiny Power Supply, I don't think you are gonna get too far. But If i were to recommend one it would be this, https://www.amazon.com/MSI-GT-710-2GD3-LP/dp/B01DOFD0G8      Hope this helps.
    "You miss 100 percent of the shots you never take." -Wayne Gretzky

strollin

Adviser
      • Yes
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Guru
    Re: Graphics card upgrade
    « Reply #2 on: November 09, 2017, 09:57:01 AM »
    You would probably be better off selling (if possible) or donating that system and applying the money you would spend on a graphics card (and most likely power supply) upgrade toward the price of a new system.  That Gateway system simply wasn't designed with game playing or upgradability in mind.