Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Browser settings help  (Read 4046 times)

Zenwolf

Browser settings help
« on: December 13, 2005, 05:25:14 PM »
I am a new comcast user, and haven't been able to change my email address on Yahoo.  I keep getting a message that says 'Your browser will not allow autmatic redirection to new URL.  Click here".  When I click here, nothing happens except a 'done with errors on page' message at the bottom of my screen.  I went to IE tools and even reset everything to low and allow all and that hasn't helped either so I went back and restored the default settings.  Still nothing.  I never had this problem before but I have been trying to correct it for over a week without success.  I would appreciate any suggestions.  Thanks.

go2doug1

Re: Browser settings help
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2005, 08:50:08 AM »
I assume that you are using Windows XP SP2 with Internet Explorer 6.0?

If you have SP2, did this problem happen before you installed SP2?

When you say that you restored the default settings, did you click the Advanced tab and choose "Restore Defaults"? Or are you talking about the "Reset Web settings" on the Programs tab? Try the "restore defaults" button on Advanced if you haven't tried that.

Do you have any other security program running? I know that Spybot has some "IE Safe" feature that always looked shady to me.

You could always try reinstalling IE6:

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/downloads/critical/ie6sp1/default.mspx