Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Light won't turn off  (Read 2101 times)

Flurr

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    Light won't turn off
    « on: November 09, 2017, 02:01:51 AM »
    Hello.

I bought a new HP Elitebook back in August of this year (2017). I'm not sure exactly what model it is. Everything runs fine, but the light on the top won't turn off now. I opened up the laptop and the flap of plastic was open and displaying light. It was hard to get the flap closed, but even with it closed, it won't turn off.

After messing with it a bit and turning the laptop off and back on, I can press the button next to it to open it and it closes fine. The light refuses to turn off still, even with the flap closed.

Any help?

Ajfer03

Intermediate
    • Your everyday nerd.
      • Yes
    • Experience: Experienced
    Re: Light won't turn off
    « Reply #1 on: November 09, 2017, 08:07:06 AM »
    Ok, so this may not work, but I suggest holding down the power button until the laptop turns off, then if that doesn't work, try and remove the battery, hit the power button a few times, put the battery back in and try turning it on. If the light still stays on or you can't remove the battery, try running the battery dead. I'm not an expert in the hardware section, but I hope this helps.
    "You miss 100 percent of the shots you never take." -Wayne Gretzky