Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Extract Multiple files of same name from multiple folders.  (Read 4317 times)

MrSholto

Topic Starter

• Experience: Familiar
    Extract Multiple files of same name from multiple folders.
    « on: November 09, 2017, 02:03:55 AM »
    Hi folks, this is my first post here so please forgive me if its in the wrong section.

I want to extract multiple files of the same name from multiple folders and put them into a single folder.

I have found the way to filter the files and can select all desired files in the group. The problem is when I come to paste these 200 or more files into one folder I get the 'Replace or Skip' message so can only get one version of the file.

Does anyone have a solution to this problem to keep the moving of said files a simple task?

Thanks

MrSholto

Topic Starter

• Experience: Familiar
      Re: Extract Multiple files of same name from multiple folders.
      « Reply #1 on: November 09, 2017, 09:16:15 AM »
      Solved it, it was as simple as the third option 'compare info for both file' then ticking both 'files from' and 'files already in'

Thought It would be more responsible for me to explain the solution I found, rather than leaving the question open, not to waste anyone's time.

patio

• Genius
      • Maud' Dib
        • Yes
      • Experience: Beginner
      Re: Extract Multiple files of same name from multiple folders.
      « Reply #2 on: November 09, 2017, 09:18:54 AM »
      Glad you solved it and thanx for bein corteous enough to let us know...Welcome Aboard...
      " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "