Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Better techniques for copying and pasting pictures into subject folders  (Read 2372 times)

MBAZ7

Topic Starter

• Experience: Experienced
    I take LOTS of photos. I upload to my PC from my iPhone when I get to 550 pictures on my phone. I also use videos, taking lots of data. I find it laborious to cut and paste a FEW highlighted adjacent photos to cut & paste into subject folders. I have maybe 200 subject folders. When I select pictures to cut & paste into folders, the software only lets me select ADJACENT  pictures in the same row.
    If I have 27 photos I am trying to move into a folder, I wish I could hit the shift key and hold it and select all 27 non-adjacent photos. The software doesn't let me do it. If I move to select another individual photo in a DIFFERENT row, it selects many rows of pictures. Then, I have to start over again just doing up to 4 at a time or a full row. Any tips from other experienced users managing thousands of photos?

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: Better techniques for copying and pasting pictures into subject folders
    « Reply #1 on: November 16, 2017, 09:05:30 AM »
    What software ? ?
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

soybean

Genius
    • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced
    Re: Better techniques for copying and pasting pictures into subject folders
    « Reply #2 on: November 17, 2017, 12:31:43 PM »
    If I have 27 photos I am trying to move into a folder, I wish I could hit the shift key and hold it and select all 27 non-adjacent photos. The software doesn't let me do it.
    In Windows systems, if viewing photos via File Explorer, selecting non-adjacent photos can be done by holding Ctrl and clicking on the desired photos.  When a group of photos has been selected, the right-click menu provides options for Cut, Copy, and Send To.