Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Acer V3 575T laptop no longer turns on  (Read 2161 times)

Pitbuli

Topic Starter

• Experience: Expert
    Acer V3 575T laptop no longer turns on
    « on: November 16, 2017, 09:12:32 PM »
    Acer v3 575T. One day, the laptop wouldn't turn on. I tried the whole battery reset pin hole trick, decharging the battery and then let sit for the night.

Next morning, I noticed that pressing the power button brought the backlit keyboard to life. However, the CPU fan/exhaust fan would only power on for a quick second then power off. The backlit keyboard would stay lit for a while though. Screen of course shows nothing.

No Beeps from the board either.

I have since removed everything except the keyboard from the laptop. The power button is integrated into the keyboard and doesn't have a conventional power button I don't think.

I'm thinking it's the mainboard and quite frankly not worth the cost of repair. Acer wants $259 to do the out of warranty fix but I'm not confident in them either as I've heard some nasty stories.

Do you all think it's the mainboard too?

DaveLembke

Sage
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Acer V3 575T laptop no longer turns on
    « Reply #1 on: November 17, 2017, 10:00:18 AM »
    Remove battery and try to run laptop off of just the external power supply that is normally used to charge the battery and see if the laptop then boots and acts normal. If it wont run this way then its likely a hardware failure. This will eliminate the battery from pulling down the power supply and keeping the laptop from booting as a cause. If it runs off wall power through the power supply without battery installed then its most likely a bad battery that is pulling heavy on the power supply and a battery replacement should fix this.

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
    • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • BC-Programming.com
    • Experience: Beginner
    « Reply #2 on: November 17, 2017, 02:47:40 PM »
    In addition but Opposite to Dave's suggestion you can also try running it on only the battery. My Satellite L300 will not boot correctly or run if connected to AC Power, but will charge the battery and will run off said battery without problems. When I was looking into the problem it was noted as being a common design fault with both Toshiba and Acer laptops.

Though if it works that way it's still a motherboard issue I suppose.
    I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.

VintronNZ

Beginner

• Never a dumb question.
      • Experience: Experienced
      « Reply #3 on: November 21, 2017, 09:28:47 PM »
      Hi
      Have you checked the USB ports for damage/shorts. If a port is damaged, you could make sure no pins are touching the socket shell and see if it powers up. The 2 ports on the front right are easily replaced as they are on there own board with a cable to the motherboard. The one on the left is attached to the motherboard  and will need un soldering to replace.