Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: How to Copy All Files from an Android  (Read 2196 times)

asterose

Topic Starter

Rookie

• Experience: Experienced
    How to Copy All Files from an Android
    « on: December 03, 2017, 12:03:35 PM »

I want to access all my files on my android phone (ZTE N817 Legacy) and have downloaded adb.exe and fastload.exe.  Using adb, I can issue a shell command, but when I try to access most of the directories, it gives me a message "Permission denied."  I'm fearful of using fastboot as I'm not familiar with it and know the consequences can sometimes be disastrous.  I merely want to copy the data from my phone.  I used syncdroid for most of it, but it doesn't back up apps, for instance.  Also I want to find out where everything's stored.  Explorer shows practically nothing, and I've combed through every directory several times, and it is set not to hide any files.

asterose

Topic Starter

Rookie

• Experience: Experienced
      Re: How to Copy All Files from an Android
      « Reply #1 on: December 03, 2017, 12:24:55 PM »

I forgot to add I am using Windows 10 on an Acer Aspire E 15 Start laptop.  Also, my phone uses Android 4.4.4.

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
      • Geek After Dark
        • Gekk9pm bnlog
      • Certifications: List
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Expert
      Re: How to Copy All Files from an Android
      « Reply #2 on: December 03, 2017, 12:55:37 PM »
      Short answer. You will not copy all files because the two operating systems are so unlike each other.
      Let somebody else give the long answer.  :)