Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Corsair Flash Survivor Stealth Usb Flash Drive New Model Idea  (Read 2100 times)

qwee00

Topic Starter

• Experience: Guru
    Corsair Flash Survivor Stealth Usb Flash Drive New Model Idea
    « on: December 07, 2017, 09:25:33 PM »
    Corsair Flash Survivor Stealth Usb Flash Drive New Model Idea:Corsair should make a new model of the Corsair Flash Survivor Stealth Usb Flash drive they should make it way smaller like 4 times smaller here's a photo of how this model would look like:https://imgur.com/a/V6bPD
    And it is possible to make the usb 4 times smaller just look at these usb's that exist they are really really small(just an example)https://imgur.com/a/6sDI1

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: Corsair Flash Survivor Stealth Usb Flash Drive New Model Idea
    « Reply #1 on: December 08, 2017, 11:14:47 AM »
    Contact Corsair...

They have likely already thought of it though.
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

DaveLembke

Sage
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    « Reply #2 on: December 09, 2017, 06:45:34 AM »
    I have a small USB stick like this one for my one Linux Laptop that runs with no drives other than a bootable USB Flash drive. Similar to this drive linked below but the one I have is Team Group brand and 8GB. Its not the fastest flash drive though. I have normal 1 inch type sticks that perform better so not sure if its because going this small performance was lost in cramming the electronics into a smaller footprint or just that Team Group isn't a top performer. I got this small thumb drive be be able to be permanently mounted in a USB port without having to remove it to put back in the laptop bag as well as it wont get snagged and break the USB 2.0 port on laptop. Once Linux Mint is booted which takes a minute or two web surfing is fine with it etc. Laptop is only a Core 2 Duo anyways so not the fastest out there and performance is dated. Here is an example of the size the USB Stick I have is. https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA12K2PD7558&cm_re=cruzer_fit-_-9SIA12K2PD7558-_-Product

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
    • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • BC-Programming.com
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Beginner
    « Reply #3 on: December 09, 2017, 12:08:26 PM »
    While it's likely they might reduce the size of their "Survivor" series over time I don't think it makes sense to introduce another model specifically for both needs.

Looking at their product page they have drives that are designed for specific cases- Extreme performance, ruggedization, Security, and Ultra Compact. It probably doesn't make sense to combine the design intents  together- too "Kitchen Sink" at that point.

The bulk may very well be how that model get's it's ruggedization.

For reference, Their Ultra Compact "Vega" models are already similar in size to the SanDisk Cruzer Fit. (Am I the only one that thinks that name sounds like a Diaper?....)

I have two 128GB SanDisk Cruzer Fit's and they perform well enough. They are not as fast as A more "full size" PNY Flash drive but they are fast enough that I don't recall having to sit and wait except for very large transfers.

At that size typically they are designed such that the actual circuitry is all "inside" the connector itself. The USB Shell itself and the Case it is plugged into then becomes a heatsink. And they do get hot.
    I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.