Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Book to learn IP addresses  (Read 2393 times)

Little Marine

Topic Starter

Intermediate

Book to learn IP addresses
    « on: December 12, 2017, 02:06:25 AM »
    Does anyone know of a easy to read book to learn about IP addresses?

Mark.

Adviser
    • Forum Regular
      • Yes
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced
    Re: Book to learn IP addresses
    « Reply #1 on: December 12, 2017, 05:57:15 AM »
    what about letting Google be your friend?

Little Marine

Topic Starter

Intermediate

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2017, 06:12:40 AM »
       My regular job isn't in the computer industry. I like dealing with wireless networks of which I have the opportunity at church. I have been using Google. I have been reading about changing ip addresses so two routers work together, giving ip addresses to video equipment. I am in the a/c and refrigeration industry. Most thermostats have wireless capability in which you connect to a network. You then can access them from your phone offsite when there are problems with the temperature in a room or scheduling problems. I work in a hospital with exceptional wireless capabilities. All of the pharmaceutical refrigeration have wireless temperature monitoring. They all have their own ip addresses. I will keep searching on Google.

Salmon Trout

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2017, 02:16:43 PM »
      Isn't a book to learn about ip addresses a bit like a book to learn about zip codes? Perhaps the idea is a book to learn about the IP (Internet Protocol) itself, including the IP address space, and how it is managed? if so, I suggest:

TCP/IP Illustrated by W. Richard Stevens

Internetworking with TCP/IP by Douglas E. Comer