Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: NirCmd to Open and Close Skype fast  (Read 2709 times)

slack7639

Topic Starter

Rookie

• Experience: Beginner
    NirCmd to Open and Close Skype fast
    « on: February 05, 2018, 06:27:36 PM »
    I found that these two BAT files work great to get into, and out of Skype fast, which is otherwise quite cumbersome.

Any idea why the first one works?  I figured it out by accident.  I was originally trying to do Tab, Enter, Paste the pw, enter:

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

START "" "C:\Program Files (x86)\Skype\Phone\Skype.exe"

"C:\Program Files (x86)\NIRCMD\nircmdc.exe" clipboard set MySkypePassword

"C:\Program Files (x86)\NIRCMD\nircmdc.exe" closeprocess Windows Command Processor

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"C:\Program Files (x86)\NIRCMD\nircmdc.exe" closeprocess skype.exe

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
    • Geek After Dark
      • Gekk9pm bnlog
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: NirCmd to Open and Close Skype fast
    « Reply #1 on: February 05, 2018, 08:21:24 PM »
    Did you read this:

Skype command line switches

Skype is the most popular app for free audio and video calls via the internet. Despite this, not every Skype user knows that it supports numerous command line arguments which can improve your usage of Skype. Let's see which command line switches Skype has.
    The command you need is:
    Code: [Select]
    "C:\Program Files(x86)\Skype\Phone\Skype.exe" /shutdown
    For a 32 bit system it is in another place.  :)

slack7639

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2018, 07:51:45 AM »
      Thanks.  Here's what I see with these:

The DOS window stays open . . . and /nosplash doesn't do anything:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Skype\Phone\Skype.exe" /nosplash /username:MyUserName /password:MySkypePassword

Use . . . START "" . . . at the beginning, then the DOS window auto closes

START "" "C:\Program Files (x86)\Skype\Phone\Skype.exe" /username:MyUserName /password:MySkypePassword

In my case, make sure there's a space between "Files" and "(x86)"

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Skype\Phone\Skype.exe" /shutdown

NirCmd seems to work a little faster for both

DaveLembke

Sage
      • Certifications: List
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Expert
      « Reply #3 on: February 06, 2018, 09:03:25 AM »
      Curious what your doing this for as for it could be used this way to remotely start skype elsewhere?

Starting skype when your at a computer is simple, you can even have the service running always ready to answer/connect quickly when running as a task that starts when computer boots.

What you have here is as if skype is not running in taskbar as a service ready to connect and your instead just targeting the EXE of it and passing data to it to start it and have ability to close it, which to me points out remote control possibilities of skype elsewhere maybe?

Are you trying to spy on someone that you have username and password to control their skype?

slack7639

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2018, 06:03:42 PM »
        No, it's just faster to open and close, and that's what I want to do, have it open or closed, not in the Notification Area.

slack7639

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2018, 06:09:26 PM »
          [check] Notify of replies . . .