Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: SNL  (Read 1858 times)

Quantos

Topic Starter

Guru
  • Veni, Vidi, Vici
    • Yes
    • Yes
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Guru
SNL
« on: December 23, 2017, 11:06:27 PM »
Well, I thought I would watch Saturday Night Live tonight with my buddies.   I haven't seen it in about 20 years or more.

I just have one question  - What the *censored* happened?
Evil is an exact science.

DaveLembke

Sage
  • Certifications: List
  • Experience: Expert
Re: SNL
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2017, 07:21:03 AM »
Last time I tried to watch SNL online it seems as though they have tight control over where you can see it. Youtube didnt have episodes, but some people would post portions or full skits. It would be nice if a steaming network would offer SNL to see the early days up til now and skip over periods of time that they made wrong choices in comedian actor pairing. They do have the latest episodes and sometimes a few older ones to view at https://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live but since checking them out about 6 months ago its limited in whats available.

I use to watch SNL a lot years ago, but when MAD TV actors started coming over after the Chris Farley, Adam Sandler, and Phil Hartman days I lost interest in it and that was a little over 20 years ago I guess. My favorite periods for SNL is the early days with John Belushi, Dan Aykroyd, Chevy Chase, and then around 1990 or so until somewhere around 1995ish. They also generally had great guest appearances too and bands. I still remember when they had Faith No More on as the guest artist and the lead singer climbed up into the large ventilation fan in the background and I was like laughing so hard that he brought the SNL background fan into the act and was up there like kicking the blade laying on his back with the band playing then climbed back down.

When Phil Hartman was murdered and Chris Farley died from an OD it took a dive with who they tried to replace them with. Adam Sandler ran off to make movies and i cant blame him for jumping on the money train and leaving SNL behind.

I ended up buying The Best of DVD's for Phil Hartman and Chris Farley, but I wish they had a collection of their entire SNL career work to see all skits etc vs just whichever ones that some Best Of director pieced together in which some of them on their were teasers of funny things, but they didnt show the full skit which detracts from it all.

For Phil Hartman my most favorite skits are "The Anal_Retentive Chef" and "Colon_Blow Cereal". But there are so many good ones with him in them.

For Chris Farley it was "The Van Down By the River", and him talking and doing the hand motions with the fingers in like a news report type of skit,and many others that I forgot their titles but one of the many was him dressed up as a woman and Adam Sandler was a woman too and it was funny stuff.

The last couple times over the years sampling SNL to see if they have a new good group of actors it was just meh ... But I did like Alec Baldwin's SNL skits acting as Trump because he Nails it and not going to go into what I could say about the matter because politics is not anything for here, but Im just going to say that he nailed the part and did a very good job acting as Trump in skits.  ;D

I didnt know about the skits until seeing parts on facebook for Alec Baldwin in which I then had to hunt down the full episode or a more complete skit sample from the far reaches of google at times.  ;D

Quantos

Topic Starter

Guru
  • Veni, Vidi, Vici
    • Yes
    • Yes
  • Experience: Guru
Re: SNL
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2017, 07:54:37 AM »
Yeah, those were the days, it was actually funny then
Evil is an exact science.